[Building Sakai] Use Streaming media server to play a scorm flash package

Neeru Joshi neer.josh25 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 26 22:10:30 PDT 2009

Hi,

  At present i am using mysql in backend, even for the scorm content. The
flash does not play very well on the server...Its pretty slow. Actually the
authoring of flash animation is outsourced to another company, so i cannot
comment much on it right now, but there is one thing though..we did not want
the left hand side tree structure shown in the scorm player screen so i
commented that..so to automate the slides they have assigned each slide a
time frame..and since the downloading takes time each slide is unable to
finish. I am very new to sakai..right now i am looking into using the file
system to store the scorm flash package..and which will be more
efficient..database or file system.

 I am curious.. if everything is right on the flash animation part...is this
scorm player robust enough to give that user experience reqd.

Thanks,
Neeru