[Building Sakai] Any SAKAI09 interest in Google Apps / LMS integration issues?

Ray Davis ray at media.berkeley.edu
Fri Jul 24 14:27:27 PDT 2009

Thanks for bringing it up again, Nate. I was just talking to Oliver
about this yesterday. Steve Githens was nice enough to talk with me
about the experimental work he and Josh Baron did for Lance a while
back. I suspect its starting point might have been around here:

http://www.nabble.com/Integrating-Sakai-with-Google-apps-td11376633.html

and I also suspect that Google's recent introduction of group
provisioning might have been partly encouraged by their work:

http://code.google.com/apis/apps/gdata_provisioning_api_v2.0_developers_protocol.html

At the conference I asked Clay (very informally!) if he or Michael knew
of any official Sakai Foundation efforts, but we've all been kinda busy
since then. :)

This feels to me like one of those areas that Groups-n-Roles-3 should
follow but can't actually drive. Unfortunately, I still don't have
anyone in particular to follow. If Chuck Severance (of the IMS LTI) and
Michael Feldstein (of the IMS LIS) happened to work at the same desk,
I'd guess that would be a good spot.  :)

Best,
Ray