[Building Sakai] using servletcontext in sakai

Junaid Arshad sc06ja at leeds.ac.uk
Thu Jul 16 05:33:04 PDT 2009

Hi all,

I am trying to use servetcontext to share informaiton across different
sakai tools. I know that a simpler way might be to use sakai sessions
but I want it to be sakai agnostic so the servletcontexts. Now, I am
using the guanxi sakai kit to get the shibb attributes and I put them in
a shared servletcontext. I can access the servletcontext and its
attributes from /portal but when I try to access any attribute of the
servletcontext from say /sakai-chat-tool it throws a null pointer
exception. All the mappings etc are same for both the scenarios.

I hope I have explained it clearly.

Any suggestions please!

Cheers,

Junaid