[Building Sakai] jQuery 1.1.4 > 1.3.2 Upgrade for 2.7?

John Norman john at caret.cam.ac.uk
Thu Jul 16 03:47:33 PDT 2009

I agree with Nuno that the performance claim is a great motivator. So
what do we know about how significant the difference would be for our
application? Is it possible to measure so risk/effort can be balanced
against expected benefits? I noticed http://ejohn.org/blog/deep-profiling-jquery-apps/
  on a quick search and it seems reasonable to suppose that different
apps would see different effects, but I don't know if this tool allows
comparison across versions.

In many ways, Eli's offer to fix bugs reduces the risk element
significantly so this may look like nit-picking, but I just wanted to
make a general point about evidence for claims and risk/reward trade-
offs. OTOH there is a lot to be said for "if it ain't broke, don't fix
it".

John