[Building Sakai] Change layout of the gateway page

Neeru Joshi neer.josh25 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 04:54:51 PDT 2009

Hi Steve & Matthew,

  I did find out about removing the .anon role from the !gateway site and
inserting html code in LoginTool.java to modify the xlogin page. That does
solve the gateway customization problem, as it now bypasses the gateway site
& directly displays the xlogin page which is my modified login page....so
thats through!! However I also want that on successful login users are taken
to a new page before going into the sakai portal that contains my workspace
and other sites. I have been able to do this by modifying the returnUrl
variable in LoginTool.doPost()..//login the user . This new page contains an
image map...clickable areas on the image which in turn takes the user to
required site or page. So Is changing the variable the right way to achieve
this?

  There is one problem though, after this new page is displayed if I click
the back button of the browser it takes me to the sakai portal (my
workspace...etc). I understand that is because the user is logged in. But I
would prefer it to remain in the same page everytime
"http://localhost:8080/portal" url is requested as long as the user is
logged in & the session is active. If the user is logged out or the session
invalidates it goes the xlogin page which is what i want ..so that is fine.
Need some guidance here.

Sorry for the long message!