[Building Sakai] Change layout of the gateway page

Matthew Buckett matthew.buckett at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Wed Jul 15 04:13:04 PDT 2009

2009/7/15 Neeru Joshi <neer.josh25 at gmail.com>:

>  I need to change the gateway page layout...i.e. I need to remove the side
> panel (page links), the logo and the banner. What i am trying to do is
> display an image...this will cover most of the screen, and the login form
> provided by sakai. I am new to velocity, but I have read and got some idea
> about it. But the problem is the deadline, so if someone could help me
> understand how sakai reders the pages, I would really appreciate it!

One solution to this might be to remove .anon access to the !gateway
site, this will mean anyone attempting to visit the gateway site will
get prompted to login first and after logging in will get taken to
their My Workspace.

The default login page in 2.5.x consists of an image and the login
boxes (which sound similar to what you're after).

To remove .anon access from the !gateway site goto the Administraion
Workspace and they use the realms tool. Search for "!gateway" and then
click on the .anon role (make a note of the permissions used incase
you want to add it back later), then remove this role and save the
realm.

--
  Matthew Buckett