[Building Sakai] Sakai displaying Student ID Numbers

Zhen Qian zqian at umich.edu
Wed Jul 8 16:00:40 PDT 2009

Robert:

This seems to be related to SAK-2924: Institutionally Configurable student
ID is needed.(http://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-2924)

So in your JLDAP provider, you need to provide the information for both
user eid and display id, like for user John Doe, his display id is
"123456", which would then be shown in the Site Info tool's id column, and
his eid is "jdoe", which is shown next to display name column, user
presence list, and used in authentication process.

Thanks,

- Zhen