[Building Sakai] Registering new function (authz tool)

André Zanchetta andrecomacento at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 13:50:18 PDT 2009

Hi
I'm new here at the Sakai maillist.
I'm not sure if I'm posting the question at the right place, so if I'm
making a mistake, please tell me.

With the Authz tools, I'm trying to register a new function and, after that,
to allow the Student role to execute this function.

On the init() method in the ExternalLogicImpl.java, I put the
'functionManager.registerFunction("func name");' command.
The function 'func name' becames registered (it is returned by the
"functionManager.getRegisteredFunctions()"), but it is not being writed at
the database.
At the same way, when I get the student Role object and execute its
'allowFunction("func name")', the role gains this permission only during the
execution time: it isn't added any new register at database and during the
next execution, the Student Role starts without this permission.

Am I forgetting to execute any method? Am I executing these methods at wrong
places...?

Once: I'm noob at these maillist. If I'm posting on the wrong place, please
forgive.

Thanks.
Andrew.