[Building Sakai] [DG: User Experience] Switching Ports for Sakai ?

Aaron Zeckoski aaronz at vt.edu
Wed Dec 23 01:32:56 PST 2009

This is probably better asked on the technical list. Do you have any
tomcat logs from the Sakai startup you can share?
-AZ

On Wed, Dec 23, 2009 at 6:04 AM, Alexander M Zoltai <amzolt at gmail.com> wrote:
> I just installed Sakai and I think it won't start because something is
> already using the ports Sakai is configured for, as per this statement:
> "Sakai's Tomcat will run on port 8080, and also make use of ports 8005 and
> 8009.
>    If another process is running on any of these ports, Sakai will not start
> up."
> I think this is the problem because trying to
> access http://localhost:8080/portal gives me:
>
> Oops! This link appears to be broken.
>
> What can I do to get the Sakai Demo running?
> ~Alex
> ~~~~~~~~~
> Nutrition Information Site:
> http://sites.google.com/site/whereigetmyfuel/home
> Winning In The Margins - Passkey: nuriche31960
> http://www.winninginthemargins.com
> Nutrition Business Site:
> http://www.mynuriche.com/amzolt
> My Google Profile:
> http://www.google.com/profiles/amzolt
> (\__/)
> (='.'=)
> (")_(")

Aaron Zeckoski (azeckoski (at) vt.edu)
Senior Research Engineer - CARET - University of Cambridge
https://twitter.com/azeckoski - http://www.linkedin.com/in/azeckoski
http://aaronz-sakai.blogspot.com/ - http://tinyurl.com/azprofile