[Building Sakai] Site Stats Disk Usage

Nuno Fernandes nuno at ufp.edu.pt
Tue Dec 22 00:56:55 PST 2009

Hi Paul,

As any DB, the space will be always growing with time so you must count with
this. Size will depend on Sakai usage and how long data will be kept in
tables.

Our production sitestats db is currently ~ 2GB (tables + indices) with
almost 3 years of data. We have about 13500 users and 500 sites
(course/project) - which is more that we had 3 years ago - and we only track
stats for sites with the tool placed on.

I could say that 5GB could be enough for starting, but it's impossible to
know for how long this space will serve!

Hope it helps,
Nuno

On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 8:08 PM, Paul Dagnall <dagnalpb at notes.udayton.edu>wrote:

> Hi
> I'm trying to gauge the necessary disk space requirements for the external
> Site Stats database. We would like to turn on the setting to log for all
> sites regardless of whether or not they've added the SiteStats tool. We'll
> have about 10,000 users and roughly 800 sites.
>
> How much disk space do you think I should make available?
>
> Thank you. I appreciate your help!
>
> --
> Paul Dagnall
> Web Developer