[Building Sakai] Concurrent Editing for Sakai 3

Noah Botimer botimer at umich.edu
Fri Dec 18 11:07:23 PST 2009

This is very exciting to me. I've had "annotation" or "marking up" in
my wish-list for quite a while. It's a hard problem and established
projects with open source like this and ShiftSpace get us a good bit
closer.

I also find it interesting that so much of EtherPad is in JavaScript.
It looks like the concurrency/persistence bits are in Scala, but
there is a ton of JS, including the main app control and templates
for the core UI. Maybe there are some tricks to pick up here.

Thanks,
-Noah