[Building Sakai] Deploy sakai + cas

Matthew Buckett matthew.buckett at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Wed Dec 2 01:19:33 PST 2009

2009/12/2 Thach Le <thachln at gmail.com>:
> Dear,
>
> I'm configure the sakai + cas on linux.
> I'm following the guideline at
> http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/~steve.swinsburg/CASifying+Sakai".
>
> I face the bugs:
> This information will automatically be included in your bug report.
>
> org.sakaiproject.portal.api.PortalHandlerException:
> java.lang.NullPointerException
>    at org.sakaiproject.portal.charon.SkinnableCharonPortal.doGet(SkinnableCharonPortal.java:768)
> caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
>    at org.sakaiproject.tool.impl.ActiveToolComponent$MyActiveTool.help(ActiveToolComponent.java:549)
>    at org.sakaiproject.portal.charon.SkinnableCharonPortal.doLogin(SkinnableCharonPortal.java:861)

This error is normally caused by the login tool failing to startup
correctly and so when the portal tries to use the login tool it can't
find it (hence the NullPointerException).

Can you look in your logs ($CATALINA_HOME/logs/catalina.out) and see
if there are any errors in the logs relating to the login tool
(sakai-login-tool).

--
  Matthew Buckett
  VLE Developer, LTG, Oxford University Computing Services