[Building Sakai] any plans for syllabus?

Charles Hedrick hedrick at rutgers.edu
Sat Aug 29 06:39:55 PDT 2009

I don't see signs in Confluence that Syllabus is being worked on. It's
sort of problematical for us. A large proportion of our faculty want
to post a Word document. it's confusing to them that there is no
option for uploading a document. The idea of creating an entry and
then cutting and pasting from Word is not obvious to many of them, and
even when they figure it out they wonder why we make them do that.

I actually like the fact that faculty are pushed to convert from Word
to a real web format. However most of the world considers Word a
perfectly reasonable way to distribute information, and just gets
annoyed with IT people who don't support that approach.