[Building Sakai] Newcommer problem

Aaron Zeckoski aaronz at vt.edu
Fri Aug 28 15:24:16 PDT 2009

This is really a spring question and is only related to Sakai since
Sakai 2 uses Spring.

You are probably missing the stuff in the web.xml file that loads the
spring context:
<listener>
<listener-class>org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener</listener-class>
</listener>

Then you should be able to do this:
WebApplicationContext ctx =
WebApplicationContextUtils.getWebApplicationContext(getServletContext());

If that still fails you may not have your spring config xml named
correctly. Make sure it is applicationContext.xml and is located in
the WEB-INF dir.

Hope that helps
-AZ

On Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 10:29 PM, Artur k Vieira<arturkvieira at gmail.com> wrote:

> HI, i am a newbie at sakai development and web applications, and I am having
> some issues with the WebApplicationContextUtils.getWebApplicationContext
> method.It always returns null and i've spent a lot of my time trying to
> solve this but unsucessfully.I am using sakai 2.6, here is the link to the
> tutorial page that I am trying to follow:
> http://tidia.ime.usp.br/aaap/servicos.html
> The source code is in the end of the page named as "Código fonte desse
> tutorial".
> I know its a simple tool, but its not working...
>
> Anyway, any guess will help me a lot, and I would apreciate if you guys have
> some good and simple material about sakai.
>
> Thanks very much

Aaron Zeckoski (azeckoski (at) vt.edu)
Senior Research Engineer - CARET - University of Cambridge
https://twitter.com/azeckoski - http://www.linkedin.com/in/azeckoski
http://aaronz-sakai.blogspot.com/ - http://tinyurl.com/azprofile