[Building Sakai] Test & Quizzes 4000 character limit

Karen Tsao ktsao at stanford.edu
Thu Aug 27 08:49:56 PDT 2009

Hi Sean,

This limit is from Oracle's 4000 character limitation on VARCHAR2 fields.

If you are using Oracle, you have to change the column type and increase the
validateLength in JSF files. For MySQL, because there is no limit, you can
just increase the length of that column and the validateLength in JSF.

By the way, the reason we use 4000 is to keep the behavior consistent.

Thanks,
Karen