[Building Sakai] Wiki Message with JsMath

Jon Wheat jwheat at messiah.edu
Thu Aug 27 07:44:40 PDT 2009

Matthew,
THANK YOU, that did it.

Adam,
this may solve your problem as well.  Since the red box displays the Control Panel to download fonts, etc, this may be a solution for you as well.

I followed Matthew's instructions to load 'easy/load.js'

In the rwiki (./rwiki-tool/tool/src/webapp/WEB-INF/web.xml)  they've
got  "<param-value>/library/jsMath/jsMath.js</param-value>" but I
think you'd want to change this to
<param-value>/library/jsMath/easy/load.js</param-value>
this suppresses the red box as well as the js alert (this actually doesn't display at all now [good for me]) if there is no {math} on the page.

as soon as you add a {math} block, BAM - you get the red box.

If you need to you can change the redbox content I presume (??) you can alternately change that message by putting this
<SCRIPT> jsMath = {Font: {message: 'your-message-here'}} </SCRIPT>
in rwiki/rwiki-tool/tool/src/webapp/WEB-INF/vm/macros.vm

right after the
 <script  type="text/javascript" src="${request.getAttribute("headerScriptSource")}"> <!-- don't reduce this! --></script>
line, but I haven't tried this since the default redbox message works for us.

Matthew - Thanks again for your help !

-Jon

>>> Matthew Jones <jonespm at umich.edu> 8/26/2009 5:37 PM >>>
I haven't actually tried this in awhile but I was looking at
suppressing it, however in jsmath they have a plugin

plugins/autoload.js

which already does this.

According to the basics
http://www.math.union.edu/~dpvc/jsMath/authors/basics.html they
recommend loading up jsmath with
"<SCRIPT SRC="path-to-jsMath/easy/load.js"></SCRIPT>"

In the rwiki (./rwiki-tool/tool/src/webapp/WEB-INF/web.xml)  they've
got  "<param-value>/library/jsMath/jsMath.js</param-value>" but I
think you'd want to change this to
<param-value>/library/jsMath/easy/load.js</param-value>

and it should not load jsmath if there is no jsmath.