[Building Sakai] Question about error on Tomcat start

David McPherson dmcphers at vt.edu
Thu Aug 27 07:36:36 PDT 2009

Hi,

I'm trying to get Sakai installed on a local machine.  I did it once
and it all went smoothly.  I got a faster machine and followed the
same steps but now I get an error on Tomcat start.  The check out,
building and deploying all go without error.  Here's the error that's
in my catalina.out file.

ERROR: Failed to preinstantiate the singleton named
org.sakaiproject.administration.logic.ExternalLogic. Destroying all
Spring beans. (2009-08-26 16:02:58,557
main_org.sakaiproject.util.NoisierDefaultListableBeanFactory)

I can supply the entire file for those that can help.  My technical
team is stumped and we have tried everything we can think of.  I'm
running Java 1.5.19, MySQL 5.0.51a.  Debian is the OS, Tomcat 5.5.28.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Dave
--