[Building Sakai] Wiki Message with JsMath

Jon Wheat jwheat at messiah.edu
Wed Aug 26 13:38:46 PDT 2009

the thing is - the message displays all the time, not just when you have a {math} macro in the wiki post.
It would be great if it could detect that and then check for the fonts, but that's probably for a different list.

so after reading the instructions on the jsMath page about removing the message ... where the heck to you add that

<STYLE> #jsMath_Warning {display: none} </STYLE>

code ?

>>> Adam Marshall <adam.marshall at oucs.ox.ac.uk> 8/26/2009 6:47 AM >>>
replying to my own post here.

WRT: Error code -7 message

I may have misunderstood when this message appears. On reflection, it may only appear when Latex is being used on a page and jsMaths fontys havent been installed.

To me, it would seem a much better idea to dispense with the "big scarey red warning" that Jon mentions and modify the "-7" message to say something along the lines of "It looks like you're using Mathematical notation on this page. May we suggest that you download jsMaths fonts form http://xxxxx ........."

If anybody does a patch for this then we'd be interested in applying it.

adam

| |