[Building Sakai] Creating (and then propagating) new roles inSakai...?

will at serensoft.com will at serensoft.com
Wed Aug 26 08:50:23 PDT 2009

Thanks Steve, that's helpful. So we can't rely on
!site.template.course for default/fallback permissions, we have to
propagate rules to each course worksite with all the check-marks
intact. (Tho !site.helper does work as a fallback, which is a big can
of worms to open...)

Is there some SQL somewhere within confluence that might handle the
propagating/copying of roles and 'locks'? Googling has turned up some
webservices by Steve S, which look like they might be useful, but
we're hoping for some SQL to make short work of this.

Does anybody have a pointer to SQL to start with the realm and roles
of course worksite X and propagate those realms/roles to other course
worksites?

===
It looks like S.Swinsburg has a nice webservices approach:
http://steve-on-sakai.blogspot.com/2009/05/roles-in-sakai-sites.html

...but we're hoping for SQL which doesn't require sakai.properties
tweaks and a server restart...