[Building Sakai] Framework build, site-manage and entitybroker

Matthew Buckett matthew.buckett at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Wed Aug 26 08:06:25 PDT 2009

2009/8/26 Aaron Zeckoski <aaronz at vt.edu>:
> It depends on the EB implementation? That is a major hugely major
> no-no. Can you confirm this? Did I misunderstand?

Sorry, I just meant you need to deploy the API and implementation to
have adding participants working again in a framework build. I the
tool depends on just the API but won't work without an implementation.
This is different to something like course management. Site Info seems
to depend on the course management api but will happily run without an
implementation deployed.

> On a related not, depending on the EB api should be completely
> acceptable in all situations (just like depending on any other core
> API in the system).

If the services provided by EB are seen as core (this is probably a
little tricky to define) then is there a case to have them in the
kernel?

--
  Matthew Buckett