[Building Sakai] Merging two instances

Dave Ross dave.ross at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 05:57:25 PDT 2009

and you had no collisions of autogenerated IDs and/or primary keys in the
database (which is highly likely that there are, especially for those with
integer sequence auto-numbered keys).

Easiest you can do is site export/import - but you will lose a lot using
that approach (test results, grades, etc).

Other than that a massive script to copy the data from one db to the other,
creating new keys but keeping referential integrity intact, would be how I'd
approach it (other than simply saying it can't be done).

On Sat, Aug 22, 2009 at 12:56 PM, Sean Keesler <sean.keesler at threecanoes.com