[Building Sakai] SMS service tag 0.10 - ready for production use by early adopters

Stephen Marquard stephen.marquard at uct.ac.za
Tue Aug 25 01:19:41 PDT 2009

Hi all,

We've recently tagged 0.10 of the SMS service for Sakai 2.6, viz.:

https://source.sakaiproject.org/contrib/sms/tags/sms-0.10/sms/

For installation and configuration details, see:

http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/SMS/Installing+and+using+the+SMS+Service

Tag 0.10 is close to what UCT is currently running in production following our local launch of the service last week.

We can recommend this tag for small-scale or low-risk production scenarios. (The service is designed to support high-volume, demanding production environments, and I'm sure we'll be able to confidently recommend subsequent tags for such cases when we have some more production experience.)

Our thanks to Psybergate (www.psybergate.co.za) which did the lion's share of the development work under commission from UCT, and UNISA for co-funding support for incoming SMS.

Regards
Stephen

Stephen Marquard, Learning Technologies Co-ordinator
Centre for Educational Technology, University of Cape Town
http://www.cet.uct.ac.za
Email/IM/XMPP: stephen.marquard at uct.ac.za
Phone: +27-21-650-5037 Cell: +27-83-500-5290