[Building Sakai] [WG: Sakai QA] Jira process clarification and modification - "Target Version"

Matthew Buckett matthew.buckett at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Fri Aug 21 03:36:09 PDT 2009

2009/8/21 Noah Botimer <botimer at umich.edu>:

> This goes to a concrete suggestion, rather than to an outright redefinition
> of your goal. Three principles first:

Completely agree with your principals.

> To meet with these principles, I suggest that we evaluate the following for
> fitness:
>   1. Favoring subtasks (which may be assigned) over our merge status fields
> when something is fixed in trunk and should be included in a maintenance
> release

I worry that this may make is harder to find if an issue has been
fixed in a branch as you are more reliant on using JIRA to locate the
SAK for the branch rather than an issue having the same SAK across all
branches and msub spaces.

>   3. Guiding our contributor community in setting Fix Version appropriately
> as a target for unresolved issues and allowing this to default into
> zero-touch accuracy when following through to actual resolution

Sorry I don't follow, could you explain what you mean by this

--
  Matthew Buckett