[Building Sakai] Tool Integration with Calendar and Announcements

Paul Dagnall dagnalpb at notes.udayton.edu
Wed Aug 19 13:59:56 PDT 2009

Hi
I'm working on an enhancement to Samigo where Instructors can choose to
have entries in the Schedule and/or Announcements tool when they publish
the assessment; very similar to the options in the Assignments tool.

Initially I tried to mimic how it was done in Assignments but that tool
was using Velocity instead of JSF and several things seemed
incompatible.

So my main problem is coming up with the guts for these two methods:
private Calendar getCalendarForThisSite()
priavte AnnouncementChannel getAnnouncementChannelForThisSite()

I started coding and quickly got that feeling that I may be reinventing
the wheel.

Do you have any tips?

Thanks.
--