[Building Sakai] Out of date Eclipse files

Noah Botimer botimer at umich.edu
Wed Aug 19 09:59:07 PDT 2009

Do we have any idea what the silent majority expects? That is, every
time I've tried to generate .project/.classpath, I've gotten
something wildly different from what is checked in. It may be
inertia, but it feels miserable to me to have everything up-ended in
your IDE with no sense of why it's "better" other than saving someone
else some maintenance headache. I specifically mean how the packages
are broken out and how the package explorer, etc., behave.

If we see the format that gets generated as a good idea, we should do
an educational campaign encouraging people to try it and get used to
it before the familiar model is irrevocably removed. I've got a
feeling that the folks who are comfortable with the different layout
are those who were willing to experiment and adjust to it.

Thanks,
-Noah