[Building Sakai] Out of date Eclipse files

David Horwitz David.Horwitz at uct.ac.za
Wed Aug 19 08:34:49 PDT 2009

+1 from me for removing them - i do the mvn rebuild anyway as their generally out of date

>>> Matthew Buckett <matthew.buckett at oucs.ox.ac.uk> 8/19/2009 5:28 PM >>>
On the 2.6.x branch all the .classpath files seem to point to an old
kernel version as the version of kernel in /master/pom.xml has been
incremented but the .classpath files haven't been rebuilt. I know the
API of the kernel shouldn't change but it means a fresh checkout and
import into Eclipse has 100s of errors because I don't have the
earlier kernel in my maven repo.

We have our own version of the kernel (with API changes) so I need to
rebuild all the .classpath files to point to our local one so it
doesn't affect us too much, but it is a little messy for people
wanting to work with a clean 2.6.x

I'd prefer that we didn't have any .project/.classpath/.settings files
in a standard checkout and the first thing you did after a checkout
was a "mvn eclipse:eclipse -DdownloadSources=true
-DdownloadJavadocs=true" then import into eclipse. As even if we
supply .project/.classpath files you still need to run maven first to
download the dependencies so why not have the maven invocation build
up to eclipse files as well.

--
  Matthew Buckett