[Building Sakai] EntityBroker IP Filtering

Noah Botimer botimer at umich.edu
Tue Aug 4 12:54:19 PDT 2009

I have to say that I would pursue a key/shared secret model and some
config/persistence other than a property. This is the kind of thing
that is nice to be able to change without redeployment or restarts.
You might still use IP filtering if your admins are worried about
network layer stuff but I personally like cryptographic models. OAuth
has emerged as a pretty elegant, understood approach, and the two-
legged model deals with administrative approval between services
(rather than the three-legged variety that prompts users).

It probably doesn't fit your timeline, but I would be interested in
thinking about a bit of infrastructure at the EB level for OAuth
support. There are places where more granular options would be really
helpful.

Thanks,
-Noah