[Building Sakai] SMS tag 0.9 released

Stephen Marquard stephen.marquard at uct.ac.za
Tue Aug 4 11:40:12 PDT 2009

Hi,

We have tagged 0.9 of the SMS service for Sakai 2.6.0 or later. See:

http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/SMS/Home

in particular:

http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/SMS/Installing+and+using+the+SMS+Service

Code at https://source.sakaiproject.org/contrib/sms/tags/sms-0.9/

This is the version which is currently in our UCT production build, going live this week.

If you are interested in using SMS in production, we'd encourage you to start evaluating the service and code now, particularly with regard to any local requirements that you may have related to accounting / billing / cost-recovery, provisioning of mobile numbers, and service provider requirements.

Regards
Stephen