[Building Sakai] Blogger tool in Sakai 2.6, the blog posts that are made as public cannot be switched to private after the fact and vice versa.

Kimberly Ma this4it at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 13:06:56 PDT 2009

Dear Folks,

We are testing Sakai 2.6 in here Rutgers, and found a problem in Blogger
tool.
The scenario is when we created a new blog, we set it as private, after we
posted it , we came back try to change it to SITE by edit the blog,  the
action took quite amount of time, nothing happened,
the blog is still set as private. From the log file, we saw :

2009-04-29 15:37:07,529 ERROR http-8080-Processor25
uk.ac.lancs.e_science.sakaiproject.impl.blogger.persistence.SakaiPersistenceManager
- Caught an exception whilst inserting post. Message: java.sql.SQLException:
Lock wait timeout exceeded; try restarting transaction

The problem is 100% reproducible on different machines. We did the same
testing case on sakai 2.5.3, our current production version. The same
problem did NOT occurred.

Can someone point a direction to debug the problem,

Thanks,

-Kim
Rutgers, OIRT