[Building Sakai] Is anybody storing resource bodies in database?

Jim Eng jimeng at umich.edu
Thu Apr 23 13:52:01 PDT 2009

Hi Josh,

It would be interesting to know how many rows are in the table in
total.  Can you ask that also:

select count(*) from content_resource;

You might want to do the conversion to BINARY_ENTITY serialization.
There's no hurry for you to do that while the tables are small, but it
speeds things up in several ways, which is especially important for
people with larger tables.

There's also no hurry for you to convert to filesystem storage of
resource bodies unless you want to.  As Seth mentioned, you will need
a new version of CHS that is not yet ready to make that conversion.

Jim