[Building Sakai] 2.6.x getCurrentAcademicSessions problem

Jon Gorrono jpgorrono at ucdavis.edu
Wed Apr 22 16:30:11 PDT 2009

On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 1:22 PM, Zach A. Thomas
<zach at aeroplanesoftware.com> wrote:
> On Apr 22, 2009, at 2:41 PM, Ray Davis wrote:
>
>> Wow, if Zach thinks he's missing something obvious and Jon thinks he's
>> having a stroke, things are pretty bad!  :)
>>
>> * Since this was improved functionality that combined a DB change
>> and an
>> API change, I didn't request that it go into 2.5.x. Others can make
>> that
>> argument if they want.

Ah, 'course ... makes sense.

>> * There's no "isCurrent()" or "setCurrent(boolean)" on the
>> AcademicSession, true. The original read-only CourseManagementService
>> API supplied:
>>
>>   List<AcademicSession> getCurrentAcademicSessions()
>>
>> And so I just added the equivalent method to the write-only
>> CourseManagementAdministration API:
>>
>>   setCurrentAcademicSessions(List<String> academicSessionEids)

I see, and the isCurrent() is in the AcademicSessionImpl

... now I have a reason to implement CourseManagementAdministration, I
suppose. :)

>> This minimized changes to the existing API, which seemed important
>> to me
>> given that the interface may have been locally re-implemented by
>> multiple institutions.
>>
>> Best,
>> Ray
>
> I just added a few lines of code to ensure I call
> setCurrentAcademicSessions where we provision our AcademicSessions,
> and I'm all better now.
>
> Jon, here's to your health.

I'm feeling much better.... I can count easily from zero to Z, so I'll
be fine, thanks.

> Zach

Jon Gorrono
http{ats.ucdavis.edu}