[Building Sakai] Google Summer of Code - students announced!

Laura James laura at caret.cam.ac.uk
Tue Apr 21 04:33:30 PDT 2009

Congratulations to the following students, who have all been accepted
to Google summer of code for Sakai:

Shashank Agrawal  (in-line editor for Sakai3; lead mentor Amyas
Phillips, assisted by Oszkar Nagy and Nicolaas Matthijs)

Andre Leger  (OpenSyllabus; lead mentor Claude Coulombe)

Yuri Vishnevsky  (Annotations system for Sakai3; lead mentor Oszkar
Nagy, assisted by Amyas Phillips and Nicolaas Matthijs)

Also, many thanks to Ricardo Fleck, who despite not being selected for
GSOC, has offered to work for Sakai on Workflow Integration for Sakai3
during the summer. Ricardo is studying in Brazil and is very much on
the UI side, and we've agreed that Amyas, Oszkar and Nicolaas will
mentor him as if he was a GSOC student.

We had a good number of strong applications and unfortunately it
wasn't possible to accept all of them. However, we hope that GSOC will
have encouraged these and other students to learn more about Sakai and
potentially get involved with the community and Sakai development in
the future.

We look forward to seeing all 4 students around in the community over
the next few weeks, and getting started thinking about the projects.

Best regards,

Laura

--
Dr Laura James

Centre for Applied Research in Educational Technologies, University of
Cambridge
Direct: +44 (0) 1223 765 377        Mobile: +44 (0) 78 1234 6448
CARET, First floor, 16 Mill Lane, Cambridge, CB2 1SB, UK
http://www.caret.cam.ac.uk