[Building Sakai] Building Sakai on MacOS X Server

Steve Swinsburg s.swinsburg at lancaster.ac.uk
Mon Apr 20 04:59:26 PDT 2009

FWIW, the Sakai Install Guide recommends the latest Maven 2 version,
and does not explicitly tie to Maven 2.0.6. In fact it even mentions
2.0.8:
If you have not installed Maven, download the latest Maven 2.0 build
from http://maven.apache.org/download.html and extract the
distribution archive into your installation directory of choice, e.g. /
opt/maven-2.0.8.

ref: http://bugs.sakaiproject.org/confluence/display/DOC/Install+Guide+-+Source+Install+%282.5%29#InstallGuide-SourceInstall%282.5%29-sourceinstall

In addition, the Development Environment Setup Walkthrough doesn't
place a requirement on 2.0.6, and mentions 2.0.9:
Download Maven 2.0.x (minimum 2.0.6) - http://maven.apache.org/download.html
Extract to /opt (should create maven-2.0.9 folder)
Set environment variable: MAVEN2_HOME=/opt/maven-2.0.9
ref: http://bugs.sakaiproject.org/confluence/display/BOOT/Development+Environment+Setup+Walkthrough

So I'm not sure where the strict requirement for supporting the buggy
2.0.6 came from. See the other thread regarding upgrading Maven
required version.

--Steve