[Building Sakai] Sakai WSRP producer ???

csev csev at umich.edu
Sun Apr 12 07:37:48 PDT 2009

Hi,

Here is Sakai's WSRP Producer:

https://source.sakaiproject.org/svn/sakai/tags/sakai_2-1-2/wsrp/

The last time this was tested was Sakai 2.1 - I remember testing this
with Sakai 2.2 but somehow in 2.2 and later it was dropped from the
release and dropped from the main SVN.

I am sure it would take some effort to make it work with a modern
version of Sakai (2.5, trunk, etc).

As a side note, this shows a flaw in making branches and tags nothing
but .externals (which we have done since Sakai 2.2) - it means that
when we drop top-level directories from the repo - effectively all of
their branches and tags are dropped as well.

This is leaving us in a position to be unable to generate earlier
releases.  This is not such a good position to be in as a project -
perhaps we should go back to at least making branches real rather than
just a list of externals.  We should be willing to make a full
snapshot of our repo at least once per release cycle.

/Chuck