[Building Sakai] How to convert Binary File content to file System?

will trillich will at serensoft.com
Fri Apr 10 08:04:29 PDT 2009

On Sun, Apr 5, 2009 at 11:23 AM, Tony Mendoza Rosa <tony_mendoza at mac.com> wrote:
> I added the following statements on Sakai Properties file to convert all files uploaded:
>
> bodyPath at org.sakaiproject.content.api.ContentHostingService=opt/sakai_archive
> bodyVolumes at org.sakaiproject.content.api.ContentHostingService=sakai_volume
> convertToFile at org.sakaiproject.content.api.ContentHostingService=true

suggestion:

"bodyPath" should be an absolute filesystem path to wherever the
root-level of your content-storage tree is going to be. (something
like /var/sakai/content or /Volumes/sakai_volume would do nicely.)

"bodyVolumes" is a comma-separated list of subdirectories under the
path indicated by "bodyPath" which might in the future become
network-mounted "share"s. You could try
"a,b,c,d,e,f,g,h,i,j,k,l,m,n,o,p,q,r,s,t,u,v,w,x,y,z" for example,
which would give you 26 subdirs that you could later split out among
different load-sharing file servers.

Try that paradigm and see if it gets you over the hump.

--
will trillich
"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are