[Building Sakai] Does search dislike hsqldb?

Aaron Zeckoski aaronz at vt.edu
Thu Apr 9 09:01:44 PDT 2009

David is spot on. There were a number of threads about this awhile
back so a nabble search might dig somerthing up.
You could also use H2 in place of hsqldb. It is compatible and does
correctly and fully support locking.
http://www.h2database.com/html/main.html
-AZ

On Thu, Apr 9, 2009 at 4:23 PM, David Horwitz <david.horwitz at uct.ac.za> wrote:
> Your right about search not liking hsql - as I recall search needs
> locking ability that hsql can't support - basically if you want to use
> search you will have to run mysql ...

> Zach A. Thomas wrote:
>> Just curious: I use hsqldb while I'm developing for convenience.
>> Whenever I startup, though, I get a stack trace that starts like this:
>>
>> WARN: Sql.ddl: missing resource: hsqldb/sakai_search_parallel.sql
>> (2009-04-09 10:17:03,794 main_org.sakaiproject.db.impl.BasicSqlService)
>> ERROR: Failed to check transaction table  (2009-04-09 10:17:03,796
>> main_org.sakaiproject.search.transaction.impl.TransactionSequenceImpl)
>> java.sql.SQLException: Table not found in statement [select txid  from
>> search_transaction]
>>

>> It hasn't disrupted me yet, but I'm wondering if I should be doing
>> something differently. For one thing, I use defaults for almost every
>> Sakai property.
>>
>> cheers,
>> Zach

Aaron Zeckoski (aaronz at vt.edu)
Senior Research Engineer - CARET - Cambridge University
[http://bugs.sakaiproject.org/confluence/display/~aaronz/]
Sakai Fellow - [http://aaronz-sakai.blogspot.com/]