[Building Sakai] Problem building trunk

Aaron Zeckoski aaronz at vt.edu
Thu Apr 9 06:07:04 PDT 2009

Can anyone point me to the JIRA related to adding in the common stuff?
Sorry, I had no luck searching.
Thanks
-AZ

On Thu, Apr 9, 2009 at 2:02 PM, Maurer, Christopher Wayne
<chmaurer at iupui.edu> wrote:
> I ran into the same issue the other day, as did Chen.
> Common was recently added to the trunk build and that seems to be the root
> of the problem.
> Did you also pull down and build kernel?
>
> Chris
>

> On 4/9/09 8:31 AM, "Wagner, Michelle R." <wagnermr at iupui.edu> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
> I have been hitting some build problems in Sakai trunk, and I was wondering
> if anyone could offer some help.  Unfortunately, nightly seems to be
> building just fine, so I'm probably missing something obvious.  I have wiped
> out my .m2 sakaiproject repo and re-checked out fresh trunk code, but I
> still hit a build failure in "Sakai Common API Composite Component."  I have
> attached the full build failure, but they start out like:
>
> /Users/michellewagner/java/sakai/common/common-composite-component/src/java/
> org/sakaiproject/component/common/type/TypeManagerImpl.java:[26,21] package
> org.hibernate does not exist
>
> /Users/michellewagner/java/sakai/common/common-composite-component/src/java/
> org/sakaiproject/component/common/type/TypeManagerImpl.java:[27,21] package
> org.hibernate does not exist
>
> /Users/michellewagner/java/sakai/common/common-composite-component/src/java/
> org/sakaiproject/component/common/type/TypeManagerImpl.java:[28,21] package
> org.hibernate does not exist
>
> /Users/michellewagner/java/sakai/common/common-composite-component/src/java/
> org/sakaiproject/component/common/type/TypeManagerImpl.java:[30,34] package
> org.apache.commons.logging does not exist

> /Users/michellewagner/java/sakai/common/common-composite-component/src/java/
> org/sakaiproject/component/common/type/TypeManagerImpl.java:[42,68] cannot
> find symbol
> symbol: class TypeManager
> public class TypeManagerImpl extends HibernateDaoSupport implements
> TypeManager
>

> Thanks for your help!
>
> Have a great day,
> Michelle

Aaron Zeckoski (aaronz at vt.edu)
Senior Research Engineer - CARET - Cambridge University
[http://bugs.sakaiproject.org/confluence/display/~aaronz/]
Sakai Fellow - [http://aaronz-sakai.blogspot.com/]