[Building Sakai] project question

Zach A. Thomas zach at aeroplanesoftware.com
Wed Apr 8 08:11:55 PDT 2009

On Apr 8, 2009, at 10:00 AM, yolima u wrote:

> hi everybody, i have a question about the projects that i can create
> in
> sakai. where i can find the information about it in the data base? i
> know
> that the tools for projects are osp_... tables, but ie the users of
> each
> project or the name, where are they?

A Sakai installation is divided into what we call worksites
(SAKAI_SITE in the db) A project in Sakai is just one of the site types.

Getting the users of a site is a little more tricky: you join a
SAKAI_SITE with its authorization group (SAKAI_REALM) and then join
_that_ with the table that grants roles to users in the authorization
group (SAKAI_REALM_RL_GR).

Sakai also has Java APIs for getting all the information about Users,
Sites, and AuthzGroups, which is generally preferable to looking in
the database, but admittedly takes a lot longer to ramp up and get
something tangible to look at.

cheers,
Zach