[Building Sakai] sites, pages, tools

Stephen Marquard stephen.marquard at uct.ac.za
Wed Apr 1 10:42:53 PDT 2009

There is actually no definitive mapping from locations (as used in presence, i.e. online / locations) back to site, tool context, or anything else.

The best you can do is make some assumptions about the format of the location string, and infer what it might mean.

e.g. "abc-presence" is typically site presence, so the "abc" is a site id.

Chat uses a different format to represent chat rooms. Any tool X could make up its own presence location format.

Regards
Stephen

Stephen Marquard, Learning Technologies Co-ordinator
Centre for Educational Technology, University of Cape Town
http://www.cet.uct.ac.za
Email/IM/XMPP: stephen.marquard at uct.ac.za
Phone: +27-21-650-5037 Cell: +27-83-500-5290

>>> will trillich <will at serensoft.com> 2009/04/01 07:36 PM >>>
Thanks, Steve -- but we don't want "current tool" -- that code is
available all over the place! :)

We want the page and/or worksite of any specific, given, tool-id. As
in !admin > online > locations -- which worksite are these people in?