[Building Sakai] Error uploading resources

Steve Swinsburg s.swinsburg at lancaster.ac.uk
Wed Apr 1 03:48:55 PDT 2009

Hello,

are you storing content in the database as opposed to the filesystem?
Is it MySQL? By default MySQL has a 1Mb limit it can store as binary.
You need to adjust the max_allowed_packet from 1048576 (ie 1Mb) to be
something higher.

See here: http://steve-on-sakai.blogspot.com/2008/11/sakai-mysql-and-storing-content-in.html

That, or check the memory assigned to your JVM in JAVA_OPTS (post them
here) as you are running out of resources:

 From the Javadoc: ServerOverloadException is thrown whenever a
request cannot be completed at this time due to some critical resource
of the server being in too short supply.

cheers,
Steve

---
Steve Swinsburg