[sakai-core-team] Question about Pull requests

Brian Jones bjones86 at uwo.ca
Mon Feb 9 11:55:35 PST 2015

Hey Neal,

 > I made a pull request off a branch from my clone of Sakai project and
 > then had a suggestion to change my pull request. I made the update in
 > my branch and Git (or Github) seems to have automatically squashed my
 > commits together in the one pull request, which is a good thing.

Not quite. It's automatically updated the PR, but you've made several
commits (3 in total), that should be squashed into 1. You can refer to
step 6c in  https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/SAKDEV/Git+Setup
to walk you through squashing commits.

 > I don't need to merge my change back into my clone of Sakai project,
 > just after the PR is merged, I can switch my local branch back to
 > origin and git pull upstream master, and then I'm all synche'd up and
 > all is good?

Correct, after the PR is merged, you can just switch back to your master
branch and do the git pull upstream master && git push origin master to
both update your fork on your local machine and your fork in github.

Hope this helps :)

Brian Jones
Programmer/Analyst
Information Technology Services