[sakai-core-team] Content Review Improvments for 10

Matthew Jones matthew at longsight.com
Thu Nov 13 09:56:30 PST 2014

Hi Bryan,

We were talking on the call today about getting the improvments on
https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-26318 and the all of the related
sub-tasks in for 10.x for either 10.3 or 10.4. I know that whoever picked
this up would also have to update Assignment 2 (if they're running it) and
the Turnitin and Vericite Impls (if they are also running those).

It seems like these all have been tested enough and looks like we're
running on some clients locally so they are low risk and would be preferred
for anyone running content review, just wondering what you think and if I
missed any impls or non-core changes that are not listed as sub-task or
we'd have to mention in the release notes.

And I know we worked on a mock content-review-impl at one time that just
prints log messages. I think it would be nice to include that in the core
Sakai code so it can easily be switched over to for testing. Was that
checked in anywhere? Either that or maybe when we bring over the default
federated impl we can add in an option for more logging if the there are no
defined providers.

Like

if (provider != null)

//Run the provider

else

//Print a log (debug?) message about how it would run the provider,
but there is no provider available