[sakai-core-team] maven repo inside kernel

Steve Swinsburg steve.swinsburg at gmail.com
Wed May 28 03:04:37 PDT 2014

Hi all,

Any reason why we have a Maven repository inside the kernel source
checkout? I see it was added in
https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/KNL-1257 but I'm not a fan of having
multiple versions of jars inside SCM just to satisfy this particular issue.

The way we have resolved this in the past is by deploying the third party
jars to the Sakai maven repository [1], or by adding the source of the
required dependencies to the build. The checkout is taking a ridiculous
amount of time from non-US locations.

I suggest that the jars be migrated to the Sakai maven repo and removed
from the source.

Thoughts?

cheers,
Steve