[sakai-core-team] Release pre-announcement of QA07

Matthew Jones matthew at longsight.com
Fri May 16 15:56:03 PDT 2014

There was originally no plan or target for a QA07 but because of the number
of fixed issues and a few remaining issues we decided to put out a planned
final QA release.

Below are the changes for qa07

*https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK/fixforversion/13670
<https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK/fixforversion/13670>*

This version has nearly 100 fixed issues including all new help
documentation, a verified version of OSP, lots of testing and fixes on the
audio recorder in samigo and ckeditor and various new apis including
support for pluggable and future distributed caching.

There is one existing (known) code code related blocker related to the
performance around authorization synchronization which is planned to be
resolved next week.

https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/KNL-1250

There are a few release, database testing and documentation blockers are
still in progress along with merges for i18n prior to the RC.

I'll be off and unavailable until after Memorial Day.

I have built a Sakai 10-QA07 binary

Link to Bin:
*https://qa10.longsight.com/binaries/sakai-bin-10-qa07-309606.tar.gz
<https://qa10.longsight.com/binaries/sakai-bin-10-qa07-309606.tar.gz>*

MD5:
*https://qa10.longsight.com/binaries/sakai-bin-10-qa07-309606.tar.gz.MD5
<https://qa10.longsight.com/binaries/sakai-bin-10-qa07-309606.tar.gz.MD5>*

And created a source tag (It points to externals as of around 6:45PM EDT
2014-05-16)
https://source.sakaiproject.org/svn/sakai/tags/sakai-10-qa07

I'm running with all the properties enabled in local.properties mentioned
on the MOTD and is started on.
https://qa10.longsight.com/ logs at https://qa10.longsight.com/logs/