[sakai-core-team] Possible release of Sakai 2.9.4 ?

Neal Caidin neal.caidin at apereo.org
Thu May 1 12:09:52 PDT 2014

[sakai-dev, sakai-pmc, sakai-core-team]

Hi All,

We had a great meeting today on the Sakai Core team call and having a
Sakai 10-QA07 ready for next week seems like an attainable goal. QA07
will likely be the last iteration of QA before our first release candidate!

Something that came up on the call as a possibility is releasing Sakai
2.9.4 in the next couple of weeks.

What are the drivers for a 2.9.4 release ?

* We need to release a new version of Samigo because the security
certificate for the Audio recording question type expires (in June, I
think. The new certificate is a 5 year cert and should last beyond the
lifecycle of the release.)
* Some verified fixes are in 2.9.x and therefore would be included into
2.9.4

What are some open questions?
* Lessons - it might be necessary to include the 10.x version of Lessons
in a 2.9.4 release. Lessons 10.x has significant changes including user
interface changes. This would seem like more than a maintenance release
* How much QA testing is needed?  Right now, there are not enough QA
resources to have a major QA impact on a 2.9.4 release. On the other
hand, it should be essentially 2.9.3, which had a lot of QA, plus a few
verified fixes.

We had a long meeting today and I didn't get the sense if the Sakai core
team has any sense of consensus yet on how to proceed.

Thanks,
Neal

--
Neal Caidin