[sakai-core-team] followups to 6/26 meeting

Charles Hedrick hedrick at rutgers.edu
Fri Jun 27 07:00:01 PDT 2014

I looked more carefully at KNL-800. Reverting it doesn’t seem like it’s going to cause us problems.

The problem is when a group is set to have membership based on a provider-id, and the main site has changed the role of a provided user. UMich’s example is someone who the provider has as a TA, who the site owner sets to instructor.

This shouldn’t be a problem for us, for two reasons:

* Our provider doesn’t set any roles other than student. Setting a student to be a TA is possible, I guess, but probably not common
* More seriously, I’m not aware of any tools that care what the role in the group is. Normally tools only change whether someone is in a group, taking their role from the main site realm. At least all the tools I’ve looked at do that.