[sakai-core-team] Sakai 10.0 Status

Matthew Jones matthew at longsight.com
Thu Jun 26 19:39:58 PDT 2014

It's much closer! After struggling for something like 2 hours on the gpg
plugin because it seemed to sign both before the war plugin ran (on RSF)
and then the war plugin ran AGAIN, I was decided to hack the deploy plugin
to introduce a delay so that I could manually quickly sign the artifacts
before the deployment ran so I could finally get RSF released. There was an
option already deployAtEnd true/false, I just added deployAtEndSleepTime
which would add a little delay "before" it actually did the upload so I
could do some manual signing and signing to fix it up so that Sonatype
didn't reject the artifacts.

It seemed semi complicated to do it otherwise. Really the plugins make life
a lot easier for the release if they work right. Love open source.

I have to investigate if there's any better fix this this, with how the
maven lifecycle is running by examining the build logs. Or maybe just say
forget it and try to get this hack into the deploy plugin. :) It doesn't
make any sense to me and I was basically going crazy. Bottom line, SakaiRSF
and SakaiRSFComponents 10.0 are released, tags are correct, artifacts are
being uploaded. The links will be fixed in the morning when everyone gets
up and an announcement should go out shortly.

I can use to ensure the rest of the api's and util's also get out in the
morning as well.