[sakai-core-team] Sakai 10.0 release notes

Neal Caidin neal.caidin at apereo.org
Thu Jun 19 10:22:05 PDT 2014

Okay, I mentioned because I was hearing that we strongly are encouraging
the community to move to Sakai 10.

[1] If we say "... strongly encouraged to upgrade to the latest versions
of Sakai 2.9 or Sakai 10 in order to take advantage of continued
maintenance support."

Perhaps it should be something like this:

[2] "With the advent of the Sakai 10 series, official Community support
for Sakai 2.8 ceases. The latest versions of Sakai 10 and Sakai 2.9 are
the community supported releases. Organizations running Sakai 2.8 and
earlier versions are strongly encouraged to upgrade to Sakai 10 in order
to take advantage of numerous improvements and continued maintenance and
support."

The phrasing in [2] explicitly acknowledges that Sakai 2.9 is supported,
but encourages Sakai 10 adoption more explicitly.

Does that seem better, or don't rock the boat and just stick with the
original phrasing [1] ?

Thanks,
Neal

--