[sakai-core-team] Documentation - double check browser language

Matthew Jones matthew at longsight.com
Mon Jun 16 05:44:01 PDT 2014

Yeah right, even in a lab situation they do eventually have plans to have
plans at least yearly to upgrade the lab as local software is going to also
have security issues. Most schools do that right before the semester
starts, so they should have the newest versions of all the software in
August (For US schools) which coincides with the Sakai upgrade.

It's generally going to be as easy for most places to upgrade their labs as
it is to get a patch created, fixed and applied in their server. And the
reality of partial support browsers is that unless the jira has a patch
attached it just won't get fixed and eventually just closed as Won't Fix,
since it's not worth the time to downgrade browsers figure out the problem.
(especially when it's often bug in the browser)

Anyway, I think this section is finally getting less important since
Microsoft no longer supports Windows XP/IE 8 anymore. That really was the
browser that caused most of the backward compatibility problems.