[sakai-core-team] Java Comparators still a problem for Sakai 10?

Neal Caidin neal.caidin at apereo.org
Wed Jun 11 13:15:00 PDT 2014

 From our 2.9 release notes:

As of June 19, 2013, an issue has been reported with respect to Java 7
compatibility. The problem is in the Comparators and the workaround is
to use the JVM property
-Djava.util.Arrays.useLegacyMergeSort=true
For details see -
http://sakai-project-mail-list-archives.1343168.n2.nabble.com/Building-Sakai-Java-7-and-Sakai-comparators-tt7589944.html
and KNL-1083 - Content Hosting comparators are incompatible with java 7

Does this need to stay in the release notes for Sakai 10.0 ?

Cheers,
Neal

--
Neal Caidin